So today I woke up with one million things on my mind. I was thinking about weight loss, pregnancy and birth, and parenting. These are probably the main issues I will be blogging about. Today this issue is weight loss. I think about this a lot because I have always been overweight and have fought and fought and fought to lose it. It seems like when all is going well and I think I am making progress, I get on the scale and I have gained three pounds or so. What a bummer. I have spent my whole life trying to lose weight. I always thought of reasons to motivate myself, such as, looking good and feeling good. These are great reasons to lose weight. Then, when that wasn't enough I thought about my family. I have a daughter that is almost 2yrs old. I need this for her. Even that was not good enough.
I tried to find some reason why I would feel okay being overweight. I do think I am cute and I have nice curves, but I keep coming back with a desire to lose it. Last night it finally hit me. The reason I constantly want to lose weight is not even about me or my family. It is because this is something that God is calling me to do. This, right here folks is a case of obedience or disobedience. I constantly have this yearning to be healthy and never could figure out why I couldn't be satisfied with just being a little chubby. Now I have been enlightened with truth.
God has called me to be healthy. Not thin, not fit, but healthy. Some people are naturally thin, but this does not mean they are healthy by any means. Working out can make you look good, but that doesn't mean you are healthy either. Health, for me is based on some form of exercise aka chasing a 2 year old around, jogging, hiking, my new adventure of rock climbing. Health is also about what we eat. I used to think it's not about what you eat, it's how much of that you eat. Bologna! I know when I eat just one brownie I feel like taking a nap - compared to if I eat and apple and an orange (which have the same combined calories as a brownie) I feel great, not to mention the long term effects.
I look up to Jillian Michael's (the trainer from the Biggest Loser) as a fitness role model. Not because she is ripped, but because she is healthy. If you look at her skin, it is beautiful and this is because she not only watches her caloric intake but she only puts organic, nutrient rich foods into body and it shows.
To sum this all up, I know God has called this out for me as my next challenge and I know this is going to be a intense spiritual awakening I am going to go through. I cannot be who God has made me to be until I obey him. I cannot accomplish what I was meant to accomplish until I am living in the fullness of obedience to Him. I am so excited to live this new life that awaits me!
No comments:
Post a Comment